***

***

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Portland school shooting. Some thoughts.

In a suburban area of Portland Oregon, according to a live feed on Fox News, there is a shooting situation in a high school going on.

The thirty to forty police at the scene have asked parents NOT to come down to the school.
HUH? If it were my kid, I'd not only be down there, but I'd be armed to the teeth.

On the news program, I see a lot of cops. But not a single one in the military, high-offense regalia of the police in small town America.
Where are the SWAT teams. Where are the bullet proof, helmeted, shield wielding, jack booted military armored vehicles? You know, the ones that use TANKS to serve a misdemeanor warrant on your aging grandmother...

An interesting side note. One of the parents standing with his wife said: My wife is from Iran, when this happens over there, the parents come with guns and take care of it. We are just told to stay back and let the police handle it.

1 comment:

Phil said...

My oldest daughter went to that school for a year back in the late 80's and it was a bad place even then, full of gangs and drugs and shit.
I can only imagine what it's like there now.
Either way it's a senseless tragedy and good riddance to the little motherfucker who pulled the trigger first.