***

***

Sunday, June 8, 2014

There may be hope yet!

I have been accused of cop-bashing by a commenter hiding behind the title of "Anonymous".
Trust me, I don't go out of my way to denigrate good cops. I admit I have no problem whatsoever calling them out when they are bad cops, and so, in an attempt to give equal time to what are becoming fewer and fewer good cops out there, I give you this:

From Matt G. on his blog 'Better and Better':

Friday, June 06, 2014

Let's just stop this and maybe be the good guys again.       

Good guys take responsibility for their own actions. When they hurt someone by accident, they still own up to it.
Good guys weigh the danger of what they're doing against the good that can come from it.
Good guys try not to hurt kids.

So when we
throw a flash-bang stun grenade into a baby's crib and critically injure the child, and claim that we've done nothing wrong because OMG drugs!, well, we're not being the Good Guys anymore.

I'm done with people's grandparents dying in a hail of bullets as they respond with a gun in hand to the intruders in their house, who happen to be cops serving a search and arrest warrant on their grandkid.

I'm done with no-knock warrants. 

If there's not a hostage involved, we do it by the numbers, serving a felony warrant. We knock on the door, LOUDLY, and announce, LOUDLY AND CLEARLY, that we are the police. We explain that they have an extremely short time to open the door, or we will open it for them. We make clear that we are the police, serving a lawful order. We then make entry, announcing our identity and intent very clearly (Not just hollered incoherently.). We then go about making the scene safe, and serve the warrant.

Will some evidence be lost? Yes. You bet there will be. And that's a damned shame.

But it's not as big a shame as what has become to be far too commonplace, in the case of the No-Knock Warrant.


I'm adding this guy to my blogroll. I hope more people realize that standing firm in their belief in morality is the only thing that will save this country.

Well, that, and impeaching and trying obama...

No comments: