***

***

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What do I want from government?

An interesting excerpt from a post over at RedState:

But then there is my camp — we believe the GOP should offer more than better technocratic management of the leviathan. The GOP should not just preach small government, but practice it. And most importantly, we cannot do those things or offer new ideas with the same faces in charge. We cannot relate to the middle class and Main Street if the puppet masters of the party are coastal elite billionaires who think Wall Street is Main Street and have grown detached from the conservative concerns of working moms and dads trying to make ends meet.
I’m not willing to settle for just taking back the Senate. I want to take back my country. And I don’t want to take it back from the Democrats, but from Washington itself. That is impossible with a Republican leadership intent on telling me what Washington can do for me if only I would let them help.
I want Washington to leave me the hell alone. And the only way that is possible is this fight now in the Republican primaries. The patricians of the party must be defeated if we are to be left alone. If we do not change the face of the GOP, we will not change Washington. And if we do not change Washington, we can never change our country.
We must challenge and replace Republicans. We must fight. We must.




The article earlier on states that people want something to fight for, not against. No wants to fight against tyranny. I certainly am not willing to trade my death for government reform. I will however fight to my dying breath for freedom for not only myself, but my children and grandchildren unto the nth generation. I will offer the last strength in my body to stand for liberty and the Constitution.

I'm not a great leader, and certainly no hero. And I truly do not wish to overthrow the government.  But as long as the powers that be continue to demean my existence while using the Constitution to wipe their collective asses, they are my enemy. Our forefathers did their best to reign in the leaders of this country, and created the greatest governmental system before or since.

I WILL stand FOR the Constitution and the rights it proclaims. Inalienable and lasting rights that must not be allowed to be regulated by the control of others. I am a patriot. I am one of the III. And I love my country with all my heart. I will give my soul to protect her.

No comments: