***

***

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I know I'm guilty...

No, not of THAT...I wouldn't do THAT even if I thought I could get away with it!
I'm talking about this:

it seems like everyone is doing the exact same thing these days… sharing content without actually creating any (I’m more and more guilty of this, I know) and even when people do create new content it often feels like I’ve seen it somewhere else. Maybe that’s just because I literally watch hundreds of blogs and have been at it for years. Who knows. So long as it’s “new for you” then that’s all that matters.

I admit to being guilty of 'borrowing' content from other sites. But damn it, some of those other sites got good shit! And I truly do try to give a link to the original information, not just repeat it and let you, my readers, think I authored it.
Also, I try to have original thoughts posted here now and then. Granted, these thoughts are usually generated by the sites I frequent, but I gotta tell ya, in my emails, especially the prepper sites I subscribe to, I get the same articles at least two and sometimes three or four times in any given day. I can't even tell half the time who generated it!

If any of my (two) readers out there find that I am plagiarizing the content of other honest bloggers out there, call me on it! No, really! I see my shit out there all the time on other sites. And I really don't care. But I would like to think I adhere to a higher standard of integrity. (Yes, I AM that guy. As a matter of fact, I'm the guy that taught that guy how to BE that guy!)

Happy blogging out there. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip the waitress, she does a hell of a job!

1 comment:

Wraith said...

I know the feeling. I'm just so worn down by the constant assaults on liberty and intelligence, that by the time I get around to writing about a given outrage, someone else has beaten me to it, and done it better than I ever could have.

Just throw out a couple teasers and link that shit, and no one will call you a plagiarist.