***

***

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Where does it stop?

Automatic doors to ensure detention of anyone who uses them? Are you fucking KIDDING me?
 
You've been groped, x-rayed, subjected to all manner of indignities to get ON the airplane, you're luggage has been ransacked, and if you were dumb enough to lock it, they break the lock with a quick,"oh, sorry. You shouldn't have locked it". And NOW, they make it so you can't even LEAVE without one final indignity.
"You wanna leave? Not without the password! Schmuck!"
 
  I flew to Arizona from Oklahoma a year or so back. Made sure I packed my keys, knives, and other assorted objects of everyday carry in my suitcase.
Upon arrival, I found a note attached to my bag letting me know that due to "suspicious items" my bag had been opened and searched.
Same happened on the return trip.
If I had locked my luggage, they would have pried it open due to the suspicious nature of the materials inside.
I can only assume they x-rayed my bag and saw the knives (yes PLURAL) that I ALWAYS carry, and figured I was going to chew my way into the luggage compartment, pull my weapons of mass destruction, take over the plane and force it to go to Havana or something.
What did they find? The same fucking knives that showed up on their x-rays. Plus my clean underwear and socks, which had also been rifled through.
I gotta tell ya, I felt violated. Here I complied with all the 'rules and regulations' they require to get from point A to point B, and they still found it necessary to inspect my possessions against my 4th Ammendment rights. I did NOT give them permission to search my bags. I have no problem with the x-ray, but damnit, I don't want some nasty crack head TSA motherfucker sniffing my shorts to see if I wore 'em or not! Next time I fly, I swear I'm going to put something REALLY disgusting in a checked bag and HOPE they open it. A nice spring loaded sack of homemade shit (literally) with an attachment to the latch might be nice...
 

No comments: