***

***

Friday, December 20, 2013

Sorry, Dipshit. This country was built on morality!

I'm not "Christian". There, I said it. I'm also not Buddhist, Taoist, Mormon, Episcopalian, Islamic, Muslim, and for DAMN (pun intended) sure not Satanist!

However; I give when I can to those who need it. I pull over to change tires for little old ladies. My neighbors know if they need anything, they can come to me.

I'm a NICE GUY. And, amazingly enough, I have morals. I don't kick puppies, but I don't go to church either. I have read three different versions of the bible, the Koran, the Kama Sutra, The Bhagavad Ghita, the Book of morons...er, Mormon, and have gone to so many different churches in my years in a search for enlightenment, that I believe I should be qualified for Mortal Deity.

And I know for a fact that the greatest country that has EVER been present on the face of this planet was created by God-fearing, moral, educated Christians.

And that's fine. Because they were also believers in basic human rights. And made sure that became part and parcel of the document that embodies the United States, the Constitution.

I have NO problem with placing the Ten Commandments on the courthouse steps. The morality of people who follow a loving religion built this land. I'd rather live next to a Christian than someone like, say....obama. Or a follower of a hate-based religion: Islamic Muslim? Oh, wait. I already mentioned obama....

So, with all that being said, I direct your attention to this little gem from the state I currently reside in:

OKLAHOMA CITY - The panel that oversees the grounds at the Oklahoma Capitol says it's not taking any more requests for new displays at the Statehouse, after hearing from satanists, Hindus and an animal rights group,The Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission voted Thursday to approve the ban until a court dispute over the current Ten Commandments monument is settled. It was that monument that the New York-based Satanic Temple said opened the door for it to seek its own display at the Statehouse in Oklahoma City.That was followed by similar requests from a Hindu leader in Nevada, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and the satirical Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

(okay, I think I can work with the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster...)

No comments: