***

***

Friday, March 28, 2014

Is it just me? (update)

In an earlier post, I mentioned a couple of things. 1. I hate buying a pig in a poke, and 2. Every time I try for a delivery, it gets fucked up beyond all recognition.

I ordered some .22 shorts from Alamo Ammo last Saturday, and when my order showed up on Wednesday, it was .22 long rifle. The company worked with me over their mistake, and Fedexed the correct ammunition that day. Plus after some little debate, I'm keeping the .22 LR.

I've been watching the tracking info religiously, drooling as the time drew nearer and nearer. I last checked between 9:30 amd 9:45 this morning. Package was OUT FOR DELIVERY!

At one o'clock, I checked again. It was shown as Unable to deliver, customer not home.
Now, I got two dogs that bark their fucking asses off if anyone even steps on my porch, much less knocks on the door. The ONLY time ONE of my dogs barked a little this morning was when I, of course, was on the toilet. It took me less than a minute to get to the door, buckling my pants as I went, and there was no one there, no tag on my door, and no package. (Which requires an adult signature for delivery due to being live ammunition.)

I've been on the phone for almost an hour being shunted from one CSR to another, being hung up on, on hold for 10-15 minutes at a time, and the only response I get is "We will try to get ahold of the driver, and attempt to get him to redeliver." Which of course is Fedexeze for "Fuck you."

I won't hold my breath waiting for him, as this only fucks up my ENTIRE evening.

I should have taken Farm.Dad.Bob up on his offer to try to get me some. I'm 100% sure that a man who would make that offer has more integrity than the entire fleet of FedEx drivers who 'say' they attempted delivery.

UPDATE: I take back any denigrating remarks about the drivers! After 2 hours of frustration with FedEx flunkies, the DRIVER called me. He's made a couple of deliveries here, and thought he recognized my name. They'd put the wrong address on the package, but it had my phone number.
(house numbers reversed). I told him the situation, and he brought them by on his way back to the distribution center in Oklahoma City.
That motherfucker is now on my Christmas list!

Update to the update: That little .22 derringer has the accuracy of pissing into a tornado. Anything more than 4 feet, and you might as well just pull out yer dick and wave it at the target. Probably get better results! But it does a fair job at that close range, and that's about all I expected anyway. But talk about LOUD! at least 4X the decibels of my .22LR sixgun.

3 comments:

Jesse in DC said...

OOooo 22 shorts. Nice and quiet...

And nice defense to Frannie and his minions the other day.

Xenolith said...

I actually got to shoot this thing for the first time this afternoon. Quiet? HELL NO! 4X louder than my .22LR sixgun, and I had to get within 4 feet before I could hit a propane tank target!
But I never expected great accuracy, its a last ditch hide out gun. But DAMN it was fun to shoot,!

Jesse in DC said...

I have a couple old 22 single shot rifles. Always wanted to try the shorts.... Figure they make the most noise shooting LRs by the crack of the bullet. The shorts should be pretty quiet. On my list of things to do.