***

***

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Who's afraid of the big bad USDA?

Received an email from Personal Liberty today touting the possible benefit of a new USDA application designed to help people save food by not throwing out perfectly good victuals just because of some silly little "sell by" date.
Now on the surface of this, it seems like something most folks reading this, including myself, would see as a good thing. With the economy under the Obama regime, who can afford to waste food? And I believe most folks here are also doing whatever they can to store a little extra beans, bullets, and band aids.
However, as much as I like the concept of this app, I have a certain distrust of ANY agency that has three letters, or begins with the two letters US.
I don't believe I want to use an app designed by the USDA to track my food storage. Or any government agency tracking anything about me; and yes, I know that they do and they are. But that doesn't mean I need to SEND it directly TO them!

No comments: