***

***

Sunday, October 20, 2013

So much to do, so little arm

Okay folks, I just looked at my blog, and noticed that I didn't have any posts between Saturday Babes and Sunday Babes...But I have a legitimate reason. (Excuses are like assholes and all that....)

The radiator I have needed for almost six months, I was finally able to purchase through RockAuto, and I gotta tell ya, I've used this company for the last four years whenever I needed a part I could wait to order, rather than run to the local car stores because I need the part RIGHT NOW. And they are by far the cheapest and still most reliable online parts company I have found.

Anyway, I finally scraped up enough change out of the sofa cushions, and that dropped by hurrying customers at the local pay toilets, to order my radiator. It came in this past week, and I put it in yesterday.

The video of this being done is HERE, for anyone interested. I know I wasn't until I had to do it.

Now, as the video I linked to shows, this is a fairly straight forward operation, and the patient generally only needs a local anesthetic and can usually remain conscious during the procedure.

But try doing it with one hand, in pain, on cold wet ground.

Thankfully, my WW (thats Wonderful Wife) isn't skeered to git her hands a little dirty, and provided the extra five digits I needed whenever two hands were necessary. And provided coffee during the procedure.

So, that's why no posts of any interest yesterday, besides the regularly scheduled malarky. Spent the post-op recovery time recuperating from the procedure alternately laying down and sitting up to relieve the shoulder. Even broke down and took TWO of them fancy drug store pain meds I try to shy away from...

Somewhat better today, and will smurf the interweb, or however ya say it, and see if I can't drum up some tantalyzing tidbits of totally truncated truth to post for today.

I'll be back soon.....

No comments: