***

***

Thursday, July 25, 2013

5 second "no shit" rule

Apparently, the "five second rule" has been revoked due to further study.

This is a paragraph out of the article on Yahoo Today I found here.

"Believe it or not, multiple official studies have been done on the five-second rule at universities around the country and elsewhere over the last decade, all of which found more or less the same results. (Though it should be noted that some of the studies were funded in part by the makers of cleaning products.) "

I have a few comments myself:
1. Why are they wasting money on "official studies" to tell us all something we already know because our Moms told us that.

2. Half the problems we have with antibiotics not working worth a shit is because Americans are so afraid of germs, half of us carry sanitizing wipes or liquid everywhere we go in case we actually have to touch something!

3. Most things picked up off our counters have germs on 'em. Germs are everywhere and bacteria is rampant on, in, and around our bodies. (You have been breathing some in while reading this....)

4. I drank out of garden hoses. I occasionally went over the five second rule by as much as 2 seconds. Sometimes I forgot to wash my hands after playing when I sat down to dinner.  Guess what? I'm still alive!

Your body needs to come in contact with germs and bacteria (yes, even harmful ones) to at least some degree in order to learn how to fight them off. But that's okay. Keep all those nasty germs away from your precious little Lord Fauntleroy. When he dies off due to the common cold his own immune system couldn't handle, my kid who plays Cowboys and Indians with (OH NO!) toy guns, and gets dirt on him, and drinks from the hose, will be there to carry on.

Just like all the rest of us dirty old men!

No comments: