***

***

Friday, August 16, 2013

Papa was very wise.


No, not MY Papa, I'm referring to Ernest "Papa" Hemingway. One of the greatest writers of our time, and a man of great wisdom. Here below, I have posted some of his notable comments and my thoughts on how they are still so very noteworthy today. Perhaps even more so now than ever. My thoughts are in red following the quotation.
 


"Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war."

Any body politic that wins a war, writes the history of that time. We as Patriots may have the 'noble' cause, but when the next war on American soil begins, we MUST win. We will not be fighting to keep what we have, we will be fighting to regain that which we have lost, using that little which we have left. We must not let them take our means of stopping aggression. It is our determination and willingness to give our all for our families and their future that must make the difference.

"They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."

When America rises against tyranny, it will be at the cost of greater vigilance than any army in history that we hold long enough to answer the call. Those of us who have stated our patriotism loud and long will be on a list of targets from the most vile government America has ever faced, with weapons that can pinpoint locations with unerring accuracy. Led by a psychopath with no remorse. Our deaths MUST be for a 'good reason'.

"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another."

I choose to die, if I must die early, in defense of my families freedom, rather than live in the shame of seeing my grandchildren suffer tyranny.

"A man can be destroyed but not defeated."

Which very well sums up all of my above comments. Perhaps this is the 'impending doom' I awoke experiencing this morning. I fear for my grandchildren, I fear for my country, and I fear that it may already be too late...

No comments: