***

***

Monday, October 11, 2021

Sitrep America

I was in line at the pharmacy in Walmart, waiting patiently with my wife to purchase our monthly doctor-ordered power pills that if we fail to ingest on a regular schedule will cause us to spontaneously decay into a steaming puddle of human based goo, and as a customer in front of us managed to get a loan approved from his bank over the phone to enable him to purchase his own power pills, the little old lady next in front of us and I exchanged a ‘look’ and I commented on the price of meds these days. One thing led to another and we were discussing inflation overall lately and she brought up the fact that it was getting hard to even buy food anymore with its through-the-roof prices. I made a simple little remark: If it gets any worse, I’m gonna hafta start putting democrats on my table just for something to eat. She immediately became somewhat cold shouldered to me and asked if I was a “trumper”. Hmmm…… I DO play a lot of Spades when I can… And I am rather an aggressive player, so I answered her in the only way I could. “No, I’m a Constitutionalist” I’m neither a republican, nor a democrat. I have little or no use for either. I have some respect for Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and a few others that actually are smart enough to bounce enough brain cells together to form a thought, but not because they are republican. I’m even starting to like Sinema and that other guy. And they’re democrats. I just appreciate a politician that is willing to stand up for ‘we the little people’ who make up the majority of this spineless nation. No, I’m not a “trumper”. I did like having Trump in office. He’s an arrogant, rich, self-centered, egomaniacal asshole, but he KNOWS he’s an arrogant, rich, self-centered, egomaniacal asshole. And he’s willing to stand up to the rest of those just like him to defend his right to be that way, and our own (unadmitted) right to strive to be just like him. We don’t need democrats or republicans. We don’t need career politicians who just happen to be VERY lucky in their stock dealings, (I’m looking at YOU Pelosi!), making millions off the backs of their political clout. We don’t need politicians whose family name is used to sell out our country. We don’t need a green new deal. Go plant a fucking tree if you’re that concerned about it. Fuck you, Thunberg! Every time I exhale, a plant says thank you! You want a greenhouse? Keep breathing. Plants love it! We don’t need a two party system. We needed the TeaParty. But the two party system that keeps us separated and at each others throat couldn’t allow that to happen. Americans would have been sitting around a campfire, roasting marshmallows for s’mores, and singing Kumbaya if they let that happen. So who hears about the TeaParty anymore? Nope. Not a good idea. Wouldn’t be prudent, at this juncture. The democrats NEEDED to hate Trump. Left to his own devices, he might have been able to unite these United States. Here’s a Xenolith Challenge. And I DARE TicToc to copy me: If you’re a republican, go hug a democrat. If you’re a democrat, say something nice to a republican. I DARE ya. Maybe we can come together before its too late. And if ANYONE knows why paragraphs are inserted in the draft and disappear in the actual posting, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how to fix this FUCKING SHIT!

No comments: