***

***

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Cancer free

Just an FYI to anyone that gives a shit. As of last month, and my final of six months of treatment, I no longer have Splenic, Marginal-zone, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. A new monoclonal antibody treatment administered over six months of intravenous, nauseating, high fever inducing, day long ordeals has done the trick... It sucked. But it was overall worth it. The cancer itself didn't bother me as much as the treatments, but would have gotten worse if I'd done nothing, so I ain't complaining. Too much. Also, my spleen was the size of a baby, so it made it hard to breathe, and I couldn't eat much.... Now breathing is better, I can walk across the yard without being out of breath, and I've gained 36 freaking pounds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 100% good news! Yes we care and appreciate being able to celebrate your victory with you.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear!

Eric.