***

***

Friday, March 13, 2015

About that cancer thing

Said I'd let ya know about this leukemia thing, right? Well, the results are in and I seem to have something called Splenic something leukemia.
Basically, it's a blood cancer that originates from the spleen and affects the white blood cells produced in the body's bone marrow.  No, I don't know (or care) how this happens.  I have a 'sightly' enlarged spleen with no other inordinate side effects; it's a 'non-Hodgkins' cancer; less than 1% of leukemia patients have it; and by the time it kills me, I'll have more than likely already been dead from old age anyway.

Kinda like I told my wife Rose: I lived through being shot with a .12ga at point blank range; fucking leukemia ain't got shit!

1 comment:

Sarthurk said...

I wish you well pal. I had a rise in my PSA that warranted a rigorous radiation treatment for nearly 8 weeks every work day. No problem, only 55 miles from home. The problem is that they took my prostate 5 years ago, and just assume that it's in the marginal tissues around where it used to be. I hope so. And the kicker is, that the only symptom is an increased PSA level. Other than that, I'm just your average ordinary guy with a busted neck and ankle. 30 years are different thn the initial pain and crap to deal with.

Have a great weekend!