***

***

Monday, August 23, 2021

Trapped

For at least the last three days, the mosquitos have been HORRENDOUS! They were bad before that, but you literally cannot look at any space in the air two foot by two foot that doesn't contain ten or more of the flying bastards. And when you walk through them, every one attacks. Plus the hundreds more hiding in the grass along with them. The hum from their tiny wings in your ears is the only sound you can hear, and you have to continuously fan in front of your face to avoid inhaling them or breathing them into your nose. Meanwhile you can feel them biting on you're hands, neck, and any other exposed flesh. I've never looked forward to winter IN MY LIFE, but will gladly cut wood to burn to try to stay warm beginning tomorrow if it means I can have surcease from their torture! And forget about trying to cut wood NOW. Going into the woods is a thousand times worse than just walking across the field to water the goats or close up the chickens for the night!
Trapped in my own house by BUGS. Its like Covid with sucking mouth parts...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do people who have to work outside do? Have you tried those hats with nets?

Xenolith said...

I have a large sheet of bug screen I put over my hat and tuck into my shirt, and wear gloves. But it's so hot and muggy, and hard to work wearing the screen, it's not with the headache. Plus the constant whine of the mosquitos, even knowing they can't get to me, should be a Fear Factor event!
AND, every time I go in or out the door, I end up with six mosquitos in the house and have to spend the next hour trying to swat them as they attack. (Often in well planned multiple kamikaze style...)

Anonymous said...

Same with me and the bee suit. It’s too hot and bulky and and and.
Good to see your back posting.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you posting again.

Eric.