***

***

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Oh.... Well that's okay then..

I haven't posted anything politically opinionated in a while, but a commentary by Shepard Smith on Fox news last night following Trumps televised address just simply rubbed me the wrong way. His comment  "The government's statistics show that there is less violent crime by the undocumented immigrant population than by the general population" is so ludicrous as to be borderline asinine.
Did I say borderline? Perhaps I misspoke myself. It IS asinine.

Let's put this in perspective, shall we?

In order to keep numbers fairly simple for the sheep out there, let's say Los Angeles, CA has a population of only 1000. In a year, they have 100 murders. That's a simple 10 percent example even a CNN follower should be able to figure out.

Out of the 1000 people, TEN are illegal aliens. (Yes, I said Illegal Aliens). The other 990 are "general population".  Smith doesn't say if he's referring to ANY American, or only documented immigrants here, but either way, for the sake of argument, we'll let that slide... Nor does he offer the actual  ratio of IA (Illegal Aliens) to GP (General Population) for that matter, but I digress...

Out of the 100 murders, only TWO of the murders are perpetrated by Illegal Aliens. 98 are done by the general population.

Illegal Aliens:   10
Murders:              2
Murders per IA:  .2

General Population: 990
Murders:                     98
Murders per GP:       .01 (rounded UP)

STATISTICALLY, more murders were committed by the GP. COMPARATIVELY, the IA are murdering ANIMALS....(where have I heard that before?).

Of course, my numbers above are pure conjecture, as I don't know the ACTUAL ratio of IA to GP, Fox didn't give out that detail. But I assume it can't be much higher than 1 percent. If I'm wrong, feel free to enlighten me. With facts, not your guess against mine. I already admitted I don't KNOW the actual ratio, nor do I CARE.

The only thing I care about is that the TWO murders I conjecture were perpetrated by the TEN illegal aliens could NOT have happened if they weren't here in the first place. If they were here LEGALLY, they would be part of the "general population", and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Build the fucking wall. And stop blaming Trump for skewing facts when you use stupid statements by folks like Shepard Smith to lead astray the small minds of the Sheeple of America.






No comments: