***

***

Monday, June 1, 2015

maybe I'll get a break...

By the time my disability check comes in every month, I'm always overdrawn. Which is the reason I opted for the overdraft protection on my account. There are times I'd rather pay the $34.00 fees than go without electric, food, or gas.
I was in this unfortunate position this month on the 15th, when a boat that I'm helping a friend sell, for a small commission, was bought from an unknown buyer.
Said unknown buyer sent me a check, which I deposited in my account.
After three days, when I didn't see the funds posted, I called the bank, and was informed the check was written on a bogus account, and due to possible fraud, my account had been placed on hold.
I went into the bank and talked to a manager, as I was concerned that my SSD check was coming in on the 20th, and I'd need access to my funds. I was told that I needed to open a new account to ensure the funds would be available, and did so.
I returned to the bank on the 20th to get a cashiers check for my mortgage, and was told that ALL accounts had been closed due to opening a new account with a negative balance on a held account, and my SSD had been returned to the issuing authority.

FUCK!

It will take up to three weeks for the government to issue me a paper check and get it to me in the mail!
Quite frankly, I can't make it even two weeks without a check coming in (yet), so have been scrambling to head off the nonpayment notices. Late fees and penalties to apply...

Last Friday, I received a check in the mail from the bank headquarters stating my SSD had been credited to a closed overdrawn account, and as it could not deposit the funds, had issued me this check for the balance.
I called the bank (recording, of course!), and verified that my SSD had been returned to the gubmint. They assured me it had.
Called the gubmint and asked if my deposit had been returned. They verified it had, and a paper check was being issued.

Today, I cashed the check...













No comments: