***

***

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bustednuckle's Garage

A short while ago, I was browsing in Michael's craft store, and came across this:

This is a ceramic, one piece plaque that for some reason just reminded me of Phil, AKA Bustednuckle, over at The Vulgar Curmudgeon.
 
Well, I'm a cheap bastard, and wasn't gonna pay the price they wanted, when I used to be able to do pretty much anything with wood before I lost my shoulder.
So, I took the above pic, and broke out the ol' scroll saw. I ain't as skilled anymore, but my efforts turned out fairly adequate.
 
So then I took a pic of my hand, cut out the pertinent fingers and such, and cut it out of some scrap wood. The artistry is simply my poor attempt at creativity, but it did turn out better than I figured I could do. Fucking impressed with myself.
 
Anyway, Phil posted a photo of it since he received it, so I can post a photo here now. (Didn't want to spoil his first view of it!)
 
Here 'tis:

Except for the Craftsman 3/4 inch wrench, that's all wood.

2 comments:

Grog said...

That's fucking impressive. :) Don't know if you've ever met him, but he's a stand up Man, as the old saw goes.

Xenolith said...

Nope, never met him, never even talked to him. But any man who sends me the wherewithal to grab a sixpack of the goodstuff for my 50th birthday is alright by me.
Besides, he's a scrawny, old fuck same as I am. We gotta keep it real!