***

***

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Too good to work

It occurs to me that its not only the welfare 'entitled' that are ruining our country. Sure, they are parasites that feed off the lifeblood of the working class in America, but we have always had them, and as long as we as a country hold at least some morality, always will.

But we also have those at the other end of the entitled spectrum. Those too good to work. Those who think they are better than others. You know, those who aren't willing to get their hands dirty. That, of course, being below them.

If I ever tried to pull this stunt as a kid, I'd have had my ass beat. And my Dad made a MUCH better than average income where I grew up. But my folks were preppers way before prepping was 'cool'. They built a 'fallout shelter'. We grew our own crops and critters for food. We (as in 'we kids') shovelled the snow in midwinter Michigan with actual shovels. Dad could have bought a snow blower, and we had neighbors who would have been more than willing to plow out our rather lengthy drive with their four wheel drive trucks with attached snow plow. But that's not the way things were done. We worked to put food on the table, tending gardens and livestock. We could have bought anything we wanted, really, but we only bought what we couldn't make or hired someone for what we couldn't do ourselves. We earned what we got.

Kinda like Phil over at the Vulgar Curmudgeon. An old fart who does what he has to. And maybe have a little fun now and then.

And so, when I lost everything in the Florida hurricanes years later, and moved out of necessity to Oklahoma, I ended up cleaning toilets and mopping floors in elementary, middle, and high schools. With my wife working beside me.

Yes, my job prospects got better, and I ended up in a managerial position at a state run group home.
But all of that happened because of contacts I made as a janitor, and my work ethic. People learned that I was a good worker. It didn't matter that I have a resume that would 'knock your socks off". Which I do. I are college ejumacated and has a good work history too. But  I had to earn a living doing whatever I could to keep me and my wife with a roof over our heads and a fire in the fireplace.

Then I read articles like the one HERE. And I gotta tell ya, I don't feel a fucking bit of sympathy for these asshole shmucks too good to earn a days wage for a days work. Honest work. If you won't get your hands dirty, especially to provide for your family, how much of a man really are you? Give every fuck out there on unemployment a list of jobs available in the area. I see them all the time. Stores hiring for cashiers, fast food places, local businesses. And then supplement their minimum wage job to keep them afloat. If you want to work, there ARE jobs. And I understand that no one wants to clean toilets for a living. But its an income while you try to find something better.

Too many too lazy fucks on BOTH ends of the government dole.

“I really depend on unemployment,” said David Davis of Chantilly, Va., adding that the $1,600 a month he receives is helping keep him afloat while he interviews for new positions. “I’ve got a résumé that knocks your socks off. The reason for this long period of unemployment is that the work just isn’t there.”

The 'REASON' for this long unemployment, Mr. Davis, is that you are a fucktard who isn't willing to work. And, therefore, a waste of both government money, and perfectly good air.

I can't get released to work by my surgeon. He spent almost a year getting my shoulder as good as it's going to ever get, and he doesn't want all that work to go waste. I want to work. I'm willing to work. In pain. In cold, hot, or any other kind of weather. Doing ANY kind of work. Because I've never found a job beneath OR above my ability or self respect. Good parents raise good kids.

So, FUCK YOU, Mr. Davis, and everyone who even LOOKS like you! Get a job.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Motherfuckers get hungry enough they'll work.
I'm like you dude, I have done some seriously shitty jobs, stuff no one else would touch.

I don't care.
I work and I work hard. Always have and always will until I get to the point I can't get out of bed anymore.

That is a huge problem in this country, the sonsabitches have no work ethics.