***

***

Friday, February 7, 2014

Too much drama

I have never liked drama queens. Or kings for that matter. I prefer a quiet lifestyle, where you deal with life as it comes, and do your best to succeed.
I despise sensationalism, and abhor those who cry 'wolf' when they hear a dog bark in the distance.
I follow a number of internet sites that I use to try to keep up with what's happening in our country, state my opinions here, and listen to the pulse of the blogosphere to keep me current on what I need to pay attention to.
And lately, all I'm hearing is: Blah blah blah, whine whine, did not, did too, did not, did too.
Following the two political parties in power is like listening to two kids in the back seat arguing about who touched who first.

There is NOTHING online that I have felt noteworthy here. All the news is saying that the end is coming, or everything is better than ever.

I have my own opinion on the state of things, backed up by my own observation, and reinforced by the fact that the MSM says everything is hunky-dory, and therefore MUST be screwed beyond all belief.

Our country is dying, and with it I see the death rattle of the world economy. Not because WE as a nation personally set the standard, but because the rest of the world is at LEAST as fucked up as we are.

So, I hereby renounce the drama. Tomorrow, I'm going to take a nice hot bath, read a couple chapters of a good book, tell my wife I love her, and leave the drama behind. I probably won't bother to post other than my regularly scheduled program. I just don't want to. I want to take a last breath of relaxation before our world comes crashing down thanks to those who would rule us putting themselves above every OTHER tyrant who would rule us.

When it all ends, YOU have been a good friend. Thank you.

Going to bed now. If the world is still here tomorrow, a premise I doubt more every day, I will see you then. And it better be, because Carl is supposed to call this weekend. If the world ends, I'll never get to talk with him. (and NO, you don't get to know who Carl is..)

No comments: