***

***

Friday, February 14, 2014

A good Christian woman in need

I know this family. The Humphreys are devout Christian parents, whose only daughter is extremely mentally impaired, and requires constant care. Both of their grown sons have their own families, and are not in a financial situation to help much, and Hollie, the dad, is everything but paralyzed. His back was broken a long time ago, and gives him constant pain, but he continues to help out other folks with everything from plumbing to electrical work. I learned a lot of my own skills from him.

I encouraged them to start a GoFundMe page knowing from experience how many wonderful people are out there who know what its like to struggle hard, and yet see everything seem to slip away. And when your older, handicapped, and have an adult child to care for, it can be devastating.

There's nothing for me in this. I just love this family, and am doing what I can to help them out of a rough time. You can donate to their GoFundMe page HERE, or click the link on the right.

God bless all of you out there reading this, and please repost, like, tweet, email, put in a bottle and throw out to sea, write it on yer butt while twerking in public, whatever it takes to get the word out for this struggling family.

PS. This man has helped me repair my cars whenever I need it, and when my own finances forced me to let my washer and dryer get repo'ed, he found, picked up, and delivered a used washer to my home, while I was injured to grievously to assist him.

No comments: