***

***

Monday, July 22, 2013

Blogs are evil and people are stupid


BustedNuckles was right. Blogs are EVIL. I actually found myself laying in bed last night, thinking of the post I wanted to write. Sheeeeesh!

And to top it off, I get up and check my email this morning and find someone else already WROTE it!

Bob Livingston over at Personal Liberty wrote about 'a nation of ignoramuses'. Although it only reiterates what most of those reading this post already know, Bob has a unique talent for spelling out the problems in our current regime  government and inducing the feelings of outrage that we all should be feeling. And he underlines the unfortunate level of ignorance and apathy of most of the people in this country.

I worked at a facility for drug addicted and sex offender teen boys for seven years, and although the average age was seventeen, most of them had math skills of 2nd-3rd grade, reading skills at 4th-5th, and spelling at 2nd grade levels. And for those of you who are thinking these are "ghetto blacks", 98% of the boys at the facility were Caucasian and came from average middle class areas of society.

I may be a "stupid ass cracka", but my ass spent enough time in a hard plastic seat that I'd put it up against 90% of high school graduates today. I clearly recall in elementary classes learning about checks and balances of government. We called it "Social Studies" back then. I can do basic algebra and geometry. Most kids in the facility I worked at couldn't do multiplication!

I still know what the Pythagorean theorem is, I can figure out percentages and fractions. I read books! (you know, those things made out of paper and glued between two pieces of cardboard?). I don't USE my spellchecker. Ever. AND I read the Constitution and Declaration of Independence annually!

I've read the Bible cover to cover as well as the Koran. I've read the Bhagava Gita, and studied in minute detail the teachings of the kama Sutra. (Gotta have SOME fun.....)

I've read 'The Modern Book of Witchcraft', and the Book of Mormon.

I've read the Federalist Papers and the Anti Federalist Papers. I can proudly recite the Pledge of Allegiance, and mean it, and actually know the words to the Star Spangled Banner.

And with all that, I still think you should read the post over at Personal Liberty. Its a good read...

No comments: