***

***

Friday, March 13, 2015

Who said it... About whom?

Let's start today with a little guessing game.
I read this in an email yesterday, and thought it might be fun to see if my readers got the same impression I did. I'll paste the relevant paragraph leaving two blanks, and let's see if you come up with the same gut feeling I did:

The                              said :
“This new authority is aimed at persons involved in or responsible for the erosion of human rights guarantees, persecution of political opponents, curtailment of press freedoms, use of violence and human rights violations and abuses in response to anti-government protests, and arbitrary arrest and detention of anti-government protesters, as well as the significant public corruption by senior government officials in                        * .” (http://www.cnbc.com/id/102488102)

My first thought was it must be a Patriot talking about Washington DC... Because the real answers would be WAY too much hypocrisy, right? Right?


*Actually, this was from the White House referring to Venezuela...

No comments: