***

***

Thursday, August 15, 2013

I got a pair

Just read a post over at The Vulgar Curmudgeon about the feminizing of men these days. It had words like "grooming" and "pedicure" in it. (He posted out of disgust, folks. Not appreciation.)

And I gotta say, except for the fact that he sees a pretty girl sitting typing on a laptop, his first thought is"guy with big wrench", I couldn't agree more with the attitude.

Worked at a facility for drug addicted teen boys at my last job, and couldn't BELIEVE some of the conversations! Not just from the kids, but from the 20-something staffers, too! (okay, their basically still kids too...)

"Hey, I just got these new shoes. Cool huh?"
"Nah, it's to hot to 'shoot hoops', I'll get all sweaty"
"What kind of shampoo do you use. That smells great!"

And a LOT of these comments come from what I would call hoodrats! Guys coming in with teardrop tattoos supposedly representing "I've killed a guy" worrying about getting his shoes scuffed up, getting sweaty, and smelling all girly in a BOY'S HOME!

WTF???

MEN do not get pedicures. We 'trim' our toenails with wire cutters. MEN do not get perms. If it gets in our eyes, we hack it off with our belt knife. MEN to not get MANicures. We gnaw off our fingernails like its the last bit of meat on a really good rib. MEN do not eat keesh. Hell, we can't even SPELL keesh!

Here's a little ditty (er...MANLY TUNE) from Brad Paisley (and yes, I'd have changed my last name too, but hey) that sums it up nicely.

At least I've "still got a pair". My wrench may not be as big as ol' Bustednuckles, but I can still apply some torque!

No comments: