***

***

Friday, October 18, 2013

I miss Marrion too.

And no, I don't mean Mrs. Cunningham from Happy Days. Although, now that I think about it, I really did like that show when I was younger. But I digress.

The Marrion I mean is Marrion Michael Morrison. You probably know him best, if you know him at all, which means yer at least in your thirties, as JOHN WAYNE.

The Duke was not just a fantastic actor and THE western hero of my day, but he was a TRUE American. He loved this country with deep emotion. He was a patriot. He WAS, what I strive to BE.

And if you've never heard him give the Pledge of Allegiance to this country he loved so much, I linked a post at the bottom of this page.

But here's what he thought about liberals in 1975. As true today as the day he was recorded saying it. And I hate to say it, but I'm glad he passed before he had to see what his country became. His judgement of Her current status would shame us all.

 
You can hear his overwhelming Pledge HERE.
 
 

No comments: