***

***

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Reminds me of me

Stole this picture from Knuckledraggin' My Life Away. Reminded me of when I used to work at a facility that 'rehabilitated' teenaged street thugs:

 
 
 
 
Now keep in mind, I'm 5'6", weigh in at 130, and look like a hick whose beard is going all kinds of grey.
 
Some of these 'kids' looked like the guy on the right in the picture above. Of course, I knew more dirty tricks than them, and never let them get the best of me, no matter how big they were. Experience and age trump aggresion and youth every time. And they may have been bigger, but I could always take more pain than they could dish, and dish more pain than they could take. Without leaving a mark. (And don't get all freaked out. These were gangbangers who would knife you if they had half a chance.)
 
But I always used to ask them: "You wanna take your ass back to the hood, and tell all your 'homeys' you got your ass kicked by a skinny old white dude?" Most of them actually backed down as soon as they saw I wouldn't, and I had a bit of a reputation for carrying kids around by their balls. I never did, but I sure made them think I WOULD.
 
Then, when my wife started working there, I used to tell them not to fuck with her. I'd point to myself and tell them: "You see how I look? Well, I've been married to this woman for 16 years. When I first met her, I was 6'2", weighed 210, and I was Black! THIS is what she did to ME!"
 
"YOU she'll just fuck up!"
 
And I thought they were scared to fuck with ME.......


No comments: