***

***

Monday, December 31, 2018

My EDC

Right front pocket:
Had to use an internet picture of this multitool from Swisstech... My buddy has mine after using it, and I'm gonna have to fight him to get it back...

I like the loop thingee on this, and has a Phillips and flat driver. Bottle opener has come in handy a time or two...

3.5" with partial serrated for pesky rope and shit
Left front pocket:
Minimalist blade for light work


Gotta keep myself kissable...


On a belt loop:
 Petroleum infused cottonball in
Metal container. Whistle

Folding scissors

Large size clippers

Kind of a p38, but has its own small spoon built in...

Precision tweezers
Small metal pill capsule I carry salt in

Dog tag sized fishhook/frogging gig

Precision screwdriver set with bit storage

Cotton balls light real quick with this ferro magnesium rod

Full sized screwdriver. I carry the bits in a small container in my left front pocket.
This also has a 3/8 socket head built in...
In my wallet:
Knife edge, can opener, sockets, ruler...

Outdoor survival card in stainless steel

Cheap ass sharp as hell credit card knife

Bottle opener/can opener/spork thingee
Defunct plastic card with needles, thread, fishing line
On my belt:
Large fixed blade with diamond
sharpener in sheath.
Not shown (because it's in my glove box as I don't need it often): Snare wire and pre-made snares.

Well, that's it for what I carry every day, every where. Doc never fails to laugh when I empty my belt and pockets at weigh in.... Forgot one time, so she re-weighed me after I took it all off: about 8 lbs....

Update: thanks Odysseus!
Also on my belt:

6 comments:

Odysseus said...

Might recommend a single AAA flashlight if the key-chain isn't too overloaded. Comes in handy in quite a few non end of the world situations as well.

Heroditus Huxley said...

My EDC includes a small multi-tool (I like yours better...may have to look into that), something with which to acquire food in an emergency/get rid of goblins, two flashlights (one in my purse, one on my keychain), a couple notebooks and a planner, a pen case full of pens (writer, y'know), my Kindle Paperwhite (lines aren't so bad if you've got a book), a phone, and some knitting.

I need to add a mending kit and something to make fire with.

I have an advantage over you, though: I carry a decent sized messenger bag, rather than just tucking stuff in a pocket.

Xenolith said...

Damn. Took off my clip light I keep on my belt to take the sheathe picture, and forgot to get a pic of it. Guess I better update...

Dan said...

The hard part sometimes is finding some of those useful knick nacks.....

Xenolith said...

Never actually looked for any if these gadgets our hoohaws. Usually run across shit like this at the notions counter at places like hardware or automotive stores. Sometimes get lucky looking in the cheap assorted crap bins folks put out at yard sales...

pigpen51 said...

I had one of the swisstech tools, but quit carrying it in favor of a leatherman tool. Plus 4 knives and a screwdriver set on my keys.